Saturday, June 6, 2015

Brownies Mini Album

Hello there!  I've created a mini album for each of the girls in my daughter's brownie troop.  The troop started two years ago and this mini has pictures from the various events or fun activities.  Since I had 14 books to make I kept the design simple :-)  These little books were handed out at their bridging ceremony.  They are now on to Girl Scouts.  Woo-hoo!

I used cereal boxes for the covers.  I cut them on my Cricut using a deep cutting blade set at 6, low speed, max pressure and multi cut @ 2.  The covers measure 6 3/4" square and the actual pages are 6 1/2 x 6 1/2".  I just glued two pieces of patterned paper together to form the pages.  The pictures are 4 x 6.

 Front cover.  I used Elegant Edges Cricut cart - butrfly1 @ 6 3/4" using the book feature.  Sasha was cut using Cricut Craft Room Basics.  The letters are 1" and I welded them together.
When you cut the patterned paper for the inside cover make sure to flip the image :-)
Troop 5739 was cut using Cricut Craft Room Basics.  The letters are 1" and I welded them together.

For journaling spots I just cut white 6 x 6 papers and put a stamp in the top left corner.  Stamps are Jillibean soup seal stamps.  (says 'Love this')


I've used the butterfly on this page (it's the cut out from the front cover :-)

stamp says 'Happy Moments'

 


stamp says 'laugh loudly'



Back cover.  The books were bound with a Cinch and .75 wires.  I added ribbons to 3 of the rings.  Paper for this book is The Paper Studio - Girls Just Want to Have Fun.

I left space for them to journal and add any add'l photos they want to. 

Thanks for stopping by today :-)

Cindy---





1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of work but so worth it! The girls will LOVE them! :) Have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete