Thursday, May 5, 2011

CC May Monthly Challenge: Tic Tac Toe

Use the chart below and combine three elements in a row-tic tac toe style on the project and include 2 Cricut cuts.


I created a card with the middle row across ric rac, ruffle, and bird shape.  I love how it turned out!
Recipe:
5" Kraft card base

DCWV - The Christmas Combo - brown patterned papers (using up scraps from the holidays :-)
Core'dinations - Cherry Cordial

MS All Ocassion Cake Cricut cart- cream frame @4 1/2", banner @1" and ! @ 1/2"
Simply Charmed Cricut cart - bird @2" using flip feature

Cuttlebug folders - swiss dot, birds & swirls

Brown ink, brown lace trim, The Paper Studio -spare parts ruffled ribbon, ric rac ribbon from Oriental Trading Co, square brown brads, pop dots for dimension. 

I sanded the embossed bird to allow the core color to show through.  I inked and distress the red side of the core paper.  I also applied brown ink with a makeup sponge to the ric rack to change it from cranberry to a red to match my project better.  I did the same thing with the primary red, ruffled ribbon. 

Thanks for looking!  Good luck to all in the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment